Home Office Contact Number – 0207 035 4848

Contact the UK Home Office on their general enquiries phone number 0207 035 4848 for assistance with a visa application, to report an immigration crime and to notify the secret services of a terrorist plot.


General enquiries – 0207 035 4848

Contact the Home Office on their UK-wide phone number 0207 035 4848 for general enquiries about the government departments that they oversee. For instance you can call this helpline for details about how upcoming legislation will affect crime prevention. Likewise you should call this number to inform the secret services about something suspicious which you believe could lead to a terrorist incident. Moreover you can phone this number to request a copy of CCTV footage, however this only applies to public cameras rather than those on private property.

Calls to the Home Office are charged at the standard national rate which consists of a per-minute charge and a per-call access payment. You can contact them for free if you have inclusive minutes on your tariff as these may be used on all 01, 02 and 03 telephone numbers. Lines are open during the hours of 9am-5pm Monday-Friday (UK time).


United Kingdom Visas & Immigration (UKVI) – 0300 123 2241

Phone UK Visas & Immigration on their dedicated contact number 0300 123 2241 to notify the UK Border Force about an immigration crime and to apply for a new visa. If you have lost important travel documents such as your visa or your passport you should dial this number to request consular support from your nearest embassy. You should also call this helpline for information about how the UK decision to leave the European Union in 2019 will affect your rights to stay in the country.


Home Office telephone numbers

Helpline Contact number
General enquiries 0207 035 4848
UK Visas & Immigration (UKVI) 0300 123 2241
Apply for British citizenship 0300 123 2253
Apply for asylum 0300 123 2235
Student helpline 0300 123 4699
Report an immigration crime 0300 123 7000
Anti-terrorism helpline 0800 789 321


Write to the Home Office

UK residents can write to the Home Office by posting letters containing enquiries, feedback and complaints to their Direct Communications Unit at this London postal address:

Home Office,
Direct Communications Unit,
2 Marsham Street,
United Kingdom.