Child Benefit Contact Number: 0300 200 3100

Call the official contact number for Child Benefit 0300 200 3100 at standard rate, to discuss new and ongoing claims with their customer service advisors, where you can also report a change in your circumstances which will affect your payment amounts. We also feature further useful contact details below.

UK residents are eligible for receiving Child Benefit if they are responsible for caring for a child under 16 years of age or age 20 if they are enrolled in approved training or education programs. The approval is up to the Child Benefit Office, so be sure to inform them.

The current rate for the eldest child’s weekly allowance is £20.70, if you are taking care of more than 1 child you will be given £13.70 a week for each of the other children. If the parents are separated and each are taking care of one child then they will be entitled to the £20.70 rate regardless of the child’s age. However please remember that only one parent can claim benefits for one child.

Payment is made every 4 weeks but it can be paid weekly if you’re a single parent or are a beneficiary of any other state benefit such as Income Support. If you’re a foreigner but have the right to reside in the UK, you may still be eligible to get Child Benefit.

Even if the child you are caring for is not your own, you can still be eligible for Child Benefit payments through the Guardian’s Allowance system. Therefore if the child has lost both parents, you will also get a Guardian’s Allowance of £16.55 on top of the normal Child Benefit fees.


Phone Child Benefit – 0300 200 3103

If you feel the need to articulate your Child Benefit concerns over the phone, you can call them on their telephone contact number 0300 200 3100 to discuss your monthly payments, to query a missing amount and to file a new claim. Alternatively you should dial 0300 200 3103 if you need to contact them via textphone or call +44 161 210 3086 if you’re abroad.


Child benefit online forms

If you wish to apply for Child Benefit, then please fill in the CH2 form found here: Afterwards you may send the CH2 forms along with the original birth or adoption certificate of the child to:

Child Benefit Office (GB),
Newcastle upon Tyne,
NE88 1ZD,
United Kingdom.

If you have an enquiry about your Child Benefit claim or you have complaints regarding the way the office treats you, then you can use this contact form here: If you have a complaint about underpaid benefits or an unfair rejection for a claim simply put “Complaints” as the first word in the question box.


Write to the Child Benefit office

If you wish to write the Child Benefit office a letter to ask them about your eligibility, to make a new claim claim, to stop recieving Child Benefit once your children have reached the requisite age, to change your personal details that may affect your benefits amount or even to make a complaint then just send a letter to:

HM Revenue and Customs – Child Benefit Office,
PO Box 1,
Newcastle Upon Tyne,
NE88 1AA,
United Kingdom.